….lived a couple named TL & Chris. that’s us. and this is our new blog.
i must say, thinking of the name for the blog was the most interesting part of putting this thing together. a lot goes through your mind. you want it to describe who you are, and what your blog is all about, whilst at the same time allowing for the reader to add their own interpretations of what it means if they so choose to. we chose “Dance, TV, and TLC”…. and this is why:
“Dance” – well, we’re dancers. our speciality is of the ballroom and latin variety, but we have attempted many other genres, albeit under duress. we’ll tell that story on a later post. here is a tidbit in the meantime: click this link for a video of TLC Dancing
“TV” – we are TV personalities. TL (that’s me, i’ll be doing most of the writing because my husband is a typical male and doesn’t do these things) is the co-host of a live daily Talk Show called Daytime Ottawa on Rogers TV, and we have also done work for CBC, Bold, and others. we are also currently putting together a pilot for our own Ballroom Dance TV show – but we can’t tell you a lot about that…yet! here is another tidbit: click this link for a video of TL Hosting
and “TLC” – this is where it gets interesting. TLC can mean a lot of things:
- first of all, it’s us – TL & Chris.
- secondly, it represents the Tender Loving Care that we put into life, each other, and everything we do to live the best and most fulfilled life we can.
….but it can also mean so much more:
- Travel, Leisure, Cruising – we worked on cruise ships for 12 years on and off
- Trust, Loyalty, and Committment – the foundations of our marriage
- Tenacity, Learning, Courage – what we feel it takes to succeed, or at least try to
- Totally, Ludicrous, Choices – basically, some would feel our career and life choices to date, but that’s been part of the excitement!
in any event, it’s been a pretty interesting ride so far for us – there have been ups, downs, triumphs and tribulations, but through it all, there has been a lot of TLC. in this blog we plan to take you along the behind-the-scenes as the daily drama unfolds, share some memories of our journey so far, and pass on some lessons we’ve learned along the way. there won’t be any kind of “structure” to this blog… because life isn’t like that….. it will just be a mish-mash of thoughts, videos, photos etc. from past and present. we hope you enjoy!
ps…what does “TLC” mean to you? ever thought about it?